Tuesday, August 21, 2012

President Monson's Birthday

Today is President Thomas S. Monson's 85th birthday. 


Amazing right! 

With teaching our kids so much about President Monson from not only church but within our home I wanted to join in on his birthday celebration. So on Facebook I seen a few post from LDS pages and this one caught my eye:

Church News: What would be your ideal birthday gift?
Thomas S. Monson: Do something for someone else on that day to make his or her life better. Find someone who is having a hard time or is ill or lonely and do something for them. That's all I would ask.

Tuesday the 21st is Thomas S. Monson's birthday. If you want to give him a birthday gift, do something for someone else that day.

So despite my sickness my kids and I made a plan to serve as much as we can.


This morning we took 3 birthday gifts and 1 baby gift to friends. While at Wal-Mart we all grabbed some shopping carts from the parking lot and returned them to the store. When we returned home we made over 100 cookies and 40 muffins. The kids helped bag them up and we passed them out around our neighborhood.
Which was nice since it gave me a chance to meet my new neighbors across the street who moved in 1 week ago. I didn't even see a moving truck. I guess it happened when we were inside sick. And  if it wasn't for Hailey knocking on another neighbors door I would have never met the most nicest stay-at-home-mom ever. While chatting with her we just had so much in common so a future park play date will be made ASAP.
And afterwards I showed my kiddos this photo I found on some Friend website.
A few of President Monson's favorite things to do. So when we went to pick up Mike from work I stopped and picked up some ice cream. Can't beat BK's 50 cent cones :)
 Hailey kept saying, "I love President Monson because we both love ice cream!"

After dinner we went outside to play some trampoline games and we roasted marshmallows. I would have taken a picture but my camera got stuck so I'm just going to have to try to remember their gooey smiles.

All 4 kids loved celebrating President Monson's birthday. And they can't wait to celebrate it again. It was such a great day!

1 comment:

Max and Diana Brown said...

Angie your kids are so lucky to have such a good mom!!! I love pte Monson!!