Saturday, December 1, 2012

Bring it on December!

A marathon runner trains for an entire year before their big race day. 

Me- I've been waiting all year for this month. December is our busiest time. But with all my training I've been pulling it off with only breaking a sweat a few times. 

To keep our family in the Christmas spirit I made an advent calendar. Each circle has an activity for us to do as a family.

 ( all this calendar is a piece of wood from our garage. I wrapped it up with holiday paper and borrowed the circle punch from a friend to make the tags. Completely free to make. Just up my alley) 

For example,
Drive around to see Christmas lights.
 Everyone got in their pj's, grabbed their blankets, and headed to our van. Earlier in the day I downloaded some free Christmas music from Amazon and made everyone a cup of warm cocoa.

 When driving around we headed up by the Bountiful Temple. The street right behind the temple has these banners on each homes lawn. My iPod doesn't have the best night camera but you can see the photo with a scripture right next to it from the Book of Luke. It's amazing to see these huge banners telling the story of Christ.
Afterwards we headed home but I doubt anyone minded. We all had a great evening....the proof is in her smile.

No comments: