Sunday, December 2, 2012

2012 First Presidency Christmas Devotional

I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to attend this years First Presidency Christmas Devotional. 
Mason was really excite to be attending the devotional as well. He kept saying, "This is my first time coming here."

 Thankfully Mike didn't have to work this night.
 A view from where we sat.

Plus we had a great view of the choir which was nice since we seen an old time friend who sings in the choir. The choir did an amazing job! The solo number, the humming, the spirit their voices bring...I was in tears most the night.

 The messages the presidency spoke about really tugged at my heart strings. It was absolutely a perfect night.
Mason loved the message from President Utchdorf about homemade gifts. He liked that he can relate to him since he's making his sisters a homemade gift this Christmas. And he loved it that after the devotional and while the presidency were walking off the stage they would wave to everyone. And EVERYONE in that section would wave back. So Mason joined in on the waving and thought it was really fun that the Presidents of the church can act funny.
 I love all the messages but my favorite was the music. I'm going to have to break my rule of cheap-ness and just buy the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas CD. Well maybe after Christmas when there's some sort of discount. :)
(Mason and I at the conference center. I can't believe he's almost as tall as me.)

 Mike really enjoyed the talk that President Monson gave but he also enjoyed this private time we were able to spend with Mason. <---- I ditto this statement.
 But to top off this amazing night we picked up a treat for the drive home. I am so thankful for this evening as it's given me a much needed reminder on what this time of year is about.

No comments: