Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Journaling

"As our posterity read of our life's experiences, they, too, will come to know and love us. And in that glorious day when our families are together in the eternities, we will already be acquainted."~ President Kimball, Dec. 1980


My favorite saying when it comes to keeping a journal. I read that when President Kimball passed away he had 33 binders filled with his journals. I think this is amazing especially to be so diligent in keeping a journal. This is something that I strive for as well. This is why I've keep this blog. Some things are happy, sad, quirky, funny, or just so incredibly cute that I don't want to forget them. And just like how President Kimball states above,
 "... we will already be acquainted." This is so true even in this lifetime. I know that family and friends from all walks check in on us. 


So to help pass down this wonderful trait this summer our kids plan to write weekly about their summer. I have little notebooks for them BUT..... I know if I really want this to be recorded then I'll have them type it on our family journal. 


This should be fun!



No comments: