Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday Treaures

My house can at any minute be over run by toys. Lego's and baby dolls. Dragons that are eating unicorns. This can be fun for the few minutes that my kids are using their imaginations. But this is not fun for the next 2 hours that it takes for me to get them to clean it up. So today to make our kids feel treasured I gave them....
Socks! Call me naive but I didn't know a pair of Target 50 cent socks would make them giggle with excitement.

But this little act of delight lead my entire day to find more Tuesday Treasures.
Which wasn't as hard as I thought.
Ducati trying to blow bubbles. She has grown so much. She leads a life in the fast lane... hence her name....but I love when she chooses to take a few seconds so I can capture her tender moments.


Lily learning to ride her bike. She is so sweet to grow at a slow pace so I can enjoy her. She'll want me to push her but soon after a few start up pedals she's riding herself. And this when I let go. But once she notices that I'm not holding onto the bar;she'll stop and tell me "Mom, don't let go of me!" Thank you Lily for allowing me a few more minutes of feeling needed.
( Hailey drew Jesus on her card)
Still feeling the spirit of conference Hailey wanted to share her testimony with a few family members. After naming every aunt, uncle, cousin, and grand-parent she chose her grandpa and 1 uncle. (sorry everyone else) With helping her make this card I was so touched that she has such a strong testimony. She wants to tell everyone about Jesus and his service. While we do this activity I learned that she wants to follow Jesus and become a doctor so she can heal others. She wants to be a,"maker" ,which means homemaker so she can teach her children about Heavenly Father. She wants to be a Primary teacher so she can teach other children to love Christ like her..... I was so humble and grateful to have experienced this moment in her life.

My last Tuesday Treasure was listening to Mason reading to his sisters. Besides watching our kids learn to love books on this particular day Lily wanted her "Ra-Ra" to read to her. Once Hailey heard the story beginning she migrated over to the couch. I am amazed that my son who once didn't know how to talk and now he's reading aloud. He's not just reading but he's using different animal voices for each character in the book. I am so proud of him. He's never given up on himself and has kept striving. I feel very blessed to have witnessed this strength in him.  

No comments: