Thursday, April 21, 2011

4 years

How could I have missed this date? Oh....dishes, diapers, and dinner. But today was the 4th anniversary of me becoming a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I was in a sad and lonely state when Heavenly Father sent to elders to my car while I put all my pity purchases from Target and had them ask me "Are you happy?" I looked up and started crying. And through my sobs I said "No." A week later I was receiving the lessons from 2 sister missionaries. I really wish I could find one of them. ( Sister Davies from Utah County...just in case someone could help)

I know that Satan was keeping in my miserable state. After 4 months of praying I took the step to be baptised. It was the most frightening day of my life. A friend at the time baptised me and I was surrounded by a few of my friends and family. After being emerged into water I felt ....forgiven. Forgiven for all my sins. I felt the love of being one of God's children.

Fast forward to present- I have received my patriarchal blessings which I read constantly and feel delighted on how much my Heavenly Father loves me and wants to bless me according to my faith.

My 1st bishop once told me that one of the most wonderful blessings I will ever receive is to receive my endowments with my husband. And that's exactly what I did; and he was right-it was amazing! Lastly, one of my most special days in my life  has been to be sealed to the love of my life for time and all eternity.

I know this is the true church. I know that Joseph Smith restored this church.. I know that my Father in heaven knows me better than I even know myself.

2 comments:

Max and Diana Brown said...

Amen!!!!!!!!

Laurel said...

Love you. You are so special to me!

Laurel.