Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter FHE

Easter is such a special and important lesson.To ensure that our kids learned the lesson of Jesus Christ and the 1st Easter we had our Easter FHE tonight. After watching the message on  www.lds.org we read from our scriptures and afterwards we had an egg hunt activity inside our house. (silly rainy weather) It was fun to watch our kids get into the search..... there was 44 eggs hidden throughout out house. Some within plain view and some in special spots. But what made this egg hunt EGG-tra special there were STAR eggs.(Eggs with a star drawn on it) and each kid could have only one. Inside these "STAR EGGS" were DATES!!! Yes- each kid won a date with either Mike or me. But everyone chose they're daddy to accompany them on their dates. That made Mike's day! Here's Hailey with her date coupon. She won a "Movie Date". She was so excited to have 1-on-1 time with Mike.

Lily won a cooking date. I was hoping that either Mason or Hailey would of found this egg. I have some kid cooking class coupons that I wanted to use with them. It's alright-I'll just plan a Mom date with one of them. But Mike plans to take her to a make-your-own-sundae place so she can cash in her coupon.

 And of course our kids got socks! They love silly, crazy, pretty, picture socks so I couldn't resist putting a pair for each kid inside an egg.
 Lily showing off her candy.
 I think she loved her Dora Easter socks more than her candy and date coupon.

Mason won an "Ice Cream Date." He was really bummed that he didn't find the movie coupon. So bummed that he gave his coupon to Mike. I was excited to go on a date with Mike but after a few minutes of thinking it over Mason's excitement level rose to where he wanted his coupon back. I'll just have to get my own "Date Coupon"
And Ducati won a pizza date. I don't think she really understood the idea of it since she took a bite out of her coupon. Here she is trying to grab my camera so I'm trying to distract her with her bag of candy. 

The kids kept telling Mike and I that eggs mean rebirth. So rebirth means resurrection. So tonight was a wonderful FHE.

No comments: