Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Provo

After conference Mike and I were so inspired to start putting all our great ideas into motion-

One of our thoughts was that we have such a wonderful blessing to have 12 temples in one state. Most are only 1 hour away. So we felt that we need to take advantage of this blessing and start our journey. So we chose to head to Provo first. With some careful planning I found some afforable activities to make the best of our trip.

 
Our first spot on our agdena was Provo Temple. Since I accidentally jammed pack our day we were only able to each spend 1 hour there. But Mike and I didn't mind that. We each took turns caring for our kids while the other one went inside. This was something that we both really needed. We felt so good when we came out. And our kids.....they really enjoyed themselves.
They were entertained with a yummy picnic, a couple of games of freeze tag, and going through a car wash. Go figure!
The next part of our day was to go see the painting of Carl Bloch.


I kept seeing a flyer at church and thought it would be an amazing experience to see his painting up close. No photography was allowed but all I have to say is Mike and I were the only ones that enjoyed the art showing. If only our kids would have appreciated this once and a lifetime opportunity to see true masterpieces.

And thanks to CityDeals (I love this site) I was able to find the next two activites. Our family loves food so we  couldn't pass up an opportunity to go get a treat. We enjoyed a snack time break at Spoon It Up!
A place where you make your own frozen yogurt sundae. Your choice of dozens of flavored yogurts and a full buffet of toppings. I was really surprised to see our kids yogurt combinations. There was everything from fruit to Fruity Pebbles. I'm not going to complain since everyone ate up all their yogurt.




 Cati...



She's so adorable! I couldn't pass up this moment to capture her cuteness. I love how she smiles with her entire face.

But our last activity in Provo was a art shop, Creativity Art Studio, a place where you pick your project and paint it and they will kiln it for you. But the best part was that they CLEAN EVERYTHING UP!!
Unfortunately by this time Mason had a meltdown and wanted to stay in the van. We tried to explain that this place would be fun but he wasn't haven it. So we took the girls inside ( the van was parked right outside that window so we watched him the entire time)
But back to the positive- our girls had so much fun! Hailey wanted to make "her daddy" a special cup. The paints look really faded but when the studio kilns it the cup should look much better!

Lily really liked painting that she went back to the shelves with all the ceramics and grabbed a $12 helicopter to paint. I was beginning to think that the owners knew what they were doing putting all the expense items on the lower shelves and the cheaper items on the top shelves.
 Mike was so focused making Hailey a beautiful cup.
But Cati and I.... we had some artistic differences. She wanted to eat the paint

While I wanted to finish painting 
So we compromised and I finished her cup and then she stamped her hand print on the other side of her cup. I really, really hope that her hand print shows after it's fired up.
But this concluded our family day in Provo. We really enjoyed ourselves and we look forward to making another family trip in another temple city.

No comments: