Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mother Daughter Date Night

Like I said before- after conference Mike and I wanted to start doing special things for our kids. Sometimes on an individual bases and sometimes daughters only or sons only.

So tonight was the night for girls only and boys only. I had planned a Mother~Daughter Date Night. Hailey was excited right when she heard those words. Nothing says party like INVITES! So we began with some nice,free, and printable invites. Which Hailey and Lily hand delivered the next day.


Then the planning began. Most the items that I needed were already around the house. Nails supplies for our nail station. Beads to make bracelets. And the marvelous movie, Tangled, to watch at the end of the party.

But I did need to make some flower hair ties and clips for the hair salon. It was an easy craft except that I decided to make them at 1am. That's what I get for procrastinating.

 I also seen these tissue paper pom-poms online. Martha Stewart makes it look so easy but after a few fail attempts I finally got the hang of it and BAM!
 My whole living room was full of these pom-poms.

But after all was said and done and ready to go- my girls were exited! Since we only had a few minutes before our guest would arrive Hailey went to go change into a nice party dress. After her swirling entrance back into the party room  Lily and Cati ran to change too. I love having daughters! (I say that right now :-) ha)
And after a few minutes of anxiously waiting everyone showed up and the party began!

Hair salon:  Hair ties, bobby pins, detangler spray, and a cup of combs = a fun time



 (I wish Cati liked hair clips. They usually don't last any longer than 3 minutes) This one lasted around 4 minutes :-)

Kristina doing Hailey's hair. Her daughters are so sweet!






 I hate how my eyes are closed but I love how Hailey's face looks. She's so excited to be doing my hair. But can I say....OUCH!! The curse of thick hair.

 Renae also had her hair done. It was fun to watch her daughter smile while she was combing her moms hair.

Nails Station: it was so funny to watch all the girls stick out their hands with finger spread apart like you would at a regular salon. How do they know this? After looking closer I can see Hailey blowing on her nails to dry them faster so she can apply the nail art stickers.
 Renae having her nails done. She was so brave but good thing nail polish remover was close by.
 Lily showing off her beautiful nails.

 Kayla showing me her beautiful nails. She's all done up and loving it!
Bracelet table:

I wasn't sure on the quality of the string I had but I thought what the hay-it's $1. Melanie made her daughter, Melinda, a pretty necklace. She's trying to put it on without breaking the string. Oh well- now I know not to get jewelry string from Wally world.
After an hour of beautify-ing ourselves

Cati gave the hint that it was time to eat!

 ( I love how Lily was hiding under the sheet)
 Everyone grabbed some yummy treats that all the moms were so nice to bring to help with our potluck buffet. And the girls grabbed their pillows to prepare to watch "Tangled". I love how my front room floor looks like a pillow pet farm.
 
Everyone enjoyed the movie. I am so grateful that all the moms and daughters enjoyed themselves. 
But a BIG THANKS to the Renae, Kristina, and Melanie for helping out to make this night happen. You all rock!




 I am so grateful to be a mother to 3 wonderful and spunky girls. And for tonight 2 of them ( Cati had to get her beauty sleep) they felt so special. When I tucked Hailey into bed she told me " Thank you mom for this special party. I love you so much. And you love me because I'm your special daughter" Yes-she finally got it! I know a party isn't needed each time to show how special she is but I know at this moment she felt the love I have for her.


.........I'm not going to forget to post about the boys. They went to see the movie Rio.
Mason loved the movie but he loves all movies. Mike on the other hand said the movie was pretty lame but he didn't go for the movie. He went to spend some time with Mason...so mission accomplished.  

1 comment:

Renae said...

Thank you so much for throwing that party! We had so much fun!