Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lily Day

As a mother of 4 I admit that I need to try harder to make each one of my kids feel special in their own special way. Yes- Mike and I do activities as a family. But we seldom do things for just one child. Or even go on 1-on-1 dates with our kids. But one of the wonderful things about parenting is that parenting always changes. So that means I can change. And I have....today was "Lily Day"

The night before Lily was so adorable when she was helping me tend a 7 month old baby. During that time she really showed me how grown up she really is. Lily was singing to this baby. Rubbing her hair. Feeding her a bottle. Telling me to change her diaper. I was in awe on how much Lily knows about taking care of a baby.
(Lily climbed into Cati's crib so she can play with her while Mike and I were in the middle of waking up)



The next to morning I told Mike all about the previous evening and to show how proud we are of Lily we declared today "Lily Day!" We had so much fun celebrating all of her favorite things. Pancakes at IHOP, balloon animals at the breakfast table, picking some prizes from Michael's Craft Store $1 bins,




Watching the Yogi Bear movie with Aunt Sarah and cousin Eric. And a purse full of her favorite treats.
By 3pm Lily was partied out. I have seen Lily smile but not as much as today.
I feel very blessed that I am her mother. I have seen her everyday since she's been born. But I have been sometimes absent on how amazing she is and how lucky I am to have her in my life. C'mon she's so freakin' cool.

No comments: