Thursday, April 7, 2011

Book of Jacob

After conference Mike and I were so inspired to make some changes among our family. On the top of our list was to start having family scripture study. But let's face it we (mostly I) suck at sticking to reading so I found this awesome chart online. After each book the entire family will receive a reward. Mike and I know that reading the scriptures is reward all in itself but waking up at 7am each day can be hard.
We had started out in the Book of Jacob. After a chapter a day we finally finished Jacob. So we went out to celebrate by going to Olive Garden. Olive tree= Olive Garden....get it!
Everyone was so excited to have accomplished reading the scriptures. Great knowledge means great rewards.
 (Lily was so excited to see the kids menus had pictured in them)
 (Ducati was loving her own cup of juice)
(Hailey is such a cutie! To bad every photo she's in Mason's making a funny face in the background)
 (Lily is cutting her bread stick. Such a lady)

I am very proud of not only our kids but myself. This is the first complete book I have read from the Book of Mormon. There are so many blessings that have come from reading scriptures each morning that I can't even beginning to finding a starting point. There's more love, peace, harmony, patience, tenderness in our home.  I love it!
Now to take on my personal struggle, 1 Nephi. I can't wait!

No comments: