Sunday, November 11, 2012

Primary Scavenger Hunt

Here's a riddle for you. 
You have 6-7 kids who are 4-5 years old
There's no church lesson due to the primary program practice.
You need to plan something entertaining and active but still church related and reverent
and it needs to last 45 minutes.
What do you do?

Mike had it easy since he just went to sharing time. But me I needed to think of something. So after striking out on-line looking for any pre-made games I just bit the bullet and made this myself. 


When the primary program practice was over I did the usual water&bathroom break then I passed these out to everyone. And Oh. My. Goodness. They loved them! (Relief for me)
At first this started up a little debate on who's better U of U or BYU. Oh No! That got squashed very quickly. But once we got back on track my class loved looking for everything.
Things on my hunt are:
water fountain. couch. someone or something with BYU on it. an open door. a tie. a lamp. someone with a baby. scriptures. the painting of Jesus being resurrected. something or someone with U of U. car window sticker. tithing slip.

Easy enough. It took us about 20 minutes and 3 walks about the church to find everything. Who knew that of all days no one would be in the hall with their babies?
We had just enough time to play a quick game of duck,duck, goose before it was time to leave.
So I say the answer to my riddle is a scavenger hunt.

No comments: