Monday, July 23, 2012

I'll try again tomorrow

With everyone feeling better today we got back on track with our summer bucket list. So this morning we went to the park and did some sidewalk chalk art.








But then Ducati went head first down the slide and.... she got a nice shiner.
So we came home to take care of this injury. After the tears and cuddles were done we tried again. This time with some frozen water balls.
 I seen this on Pinterest and wanted to try it. You fill a balloon up with water. Freeze it. Then peel off the balloon. And then you have this cool water ball. But since I didn't want them to freeze all the way it was more of a bowl. The girls liked them.

Until......
 Lily found a camping stake in the grass and tried to lift it and 

it slipped out of her wet hands and it landed on her toe. Ouch!

So after I got her all comfortable on the chair 

I called in the kids. Which meant Ducati didn't listen to me so she went into her room for a timeout. Which lead to this...
 Ducati ripped open Lily's feathered pillow and made this huge mess.
 So this took about an hour to clean this up. And she didn't even empty the entire pillow. I fear what that might have looked like if she did.

And after dinner I was sewing Mike a wristband cuff. 
Something that he can carry a few $ or whatever and he can use to wipe his sweat off when he runs (he's training for a marathon). So I cut up a towel and sewed it to a wrist support cuff that we got from Wal-Mart. I was pretty proud of myself since this was the 1st zipper I ever sewed in. But not without an injury
So I told Mike that I give up. I'm throwing in the towel for today. After 4 out of the 6 of us getting hurt in some sort of way we vegged out in front of the TV the rest of the night. So I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: