Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fondant Cake

It's no secret that I love decorating cakes. And that I'm a huge fan of Cake Boss. So after watching 2 seasons of him I felt confident that I could pull off a fondant cake. 
And the opportunity came that a friend of ours was having a baby blessing so while Mike was over there helping out with something he asked if I could make them a cake. And they agreed. So I made this gluten free white cake with cream cheese filling with marshmallow fondant. And for their sweet baby girl I made these baby cherry blossoms.
 Mike said I over did it with the pink but being my first fondant cake I had a few cracks so I needed to cover those cracks with something. Oh well....I attend to keep practicing my fondant skills. But for being my first fondant cake I feel that I did a great job!

1 comment:

Max and Diana Brown said...

Oh my!!!! so great!! and yummy!!!!!!!!