Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday

With being half way into summer I regret to say that our kids haven't experienced some of those timeless summertime experiences like the ones Mike and I experienced during our childhood summers. So we're going to get back on track and start checking off those awesome memories!

So today we pulled out the good ol' Slip-N-Slide!

It was such a blast to watch our kids enjoy themselves.
 Lily- she is trying to slide backwards down the slide. Didn't work out the way she thought...but she still was smiling the entire time. So I don't think she really cared which way she went
 After each of our kids tried to slide but couldn't make it half way down the slide so Mike went to change into his swimsuit and to show our kids how it's done. That's my man! Always volunteering to teach our kids the fun things.

Cati- she didn't want to give up her turn so she would just stand at the little waiting pool at the end of the slide so no one could go next. She's such a hoot to watch!

 But Mike stepped in and showed Cati how to slip and slide down . She loved it!

Mason- he got the hang of it after a few tries and just loved it! He didn't want to be done but after 30 minutes of soaking our lawn the soil started to get squishy under the slide.

 Hailey-  She was the 1st to successfully slide from start to finish. I'm very proud of her for overcoming her fear of falling. I just want to say that I love watching her develop her own indepence. She sees how fearless Mike is so she copies him on 80% of the things he does. She doesn't want to be scared of things when she grows up so she'll tell you that She has to be brave so she's never scared of things. Makes sense to me :-)

After drying up from every one's slipping fun we had a Family Movie Night! Our family loves the movie Nacho Libre. We could watch this movie over and over again and never get tired of it.


So for tonight's family movie night I thought it would be fun to add alittle twist to it. Mike and I made it into a full on Nacho party! We had tacos with Eagle Eggs (deviled eggs)
 Each of us had our own Nacho mustaches. I love Target's $1 bins!

 Lily thought it was so funny to be wearing them that she couldn't stop giggling.


 There are certain parts of the movie that are just so funny that I had to minick them.
Mike ate an Eagle Egg when Nacho ate his magical Eagle Egg.

When Nacho drank the yolk of the eggs I passed out Orange Julius to everyone. It was sort of gross to watch him drink the yolk then look down in your cup to see a mysterious orange drink. Mason was questioning the drink but Hailey braved it out and took a drink. And of course everyone loved there Orange "Eagle Egg Yolk" Julius.
But what's really funny was Mike....he have me a Lucky Machete! I can pass it on to my kids and in hopes that they will say "My mother gave me her lucky machete" Mike's so funny- what am I going to do with this thing. I guess I can use it to cut lettuce or bread. haha...jk!
This was so fun that we need to make another Family Themed Movie Night!

I love Mike's Nacho smile :-)

No comments: