Saturday, June 25, 2011

Family Dates

Today was another typical summer Saturday....BUSY!

I started out our morning with a Relief Society Birthday Celebration. It was nice to have an hour to myself and be able to have adult conversations. Conversations that consist of diapers, baby weight, potty training.....So I guess you can take the mother out of the home but you can't take the mother out of the woman.

After this our day really began- Mike w/ Mason and Ducati went to the Museum of Ancient Life in Lehi. Mason got himself a new dinosaur. His old one died after being played with for 3 years. So Mason was really happy to have gotten a new one.

They had a great time but since we have only one camera I took it since Hailey, Lily and I went to
THE PRINCESS FESTIVAL!
(I love the way they are smiling right here- It's pure joy!)
 When we entered the kingdom we got dusted with princess Quizzle dust. Hailey and Lily received their Princess goodie bags that held their autograph book with the story of Princess Mila. The festivals very own princess. So our mission was get as many autographs as possible within the 3 hours we were there. But we didn't even put a dent in it so next year I'm reserving a morning spot. 


But the festival had every princess you could think of plus a few more that I haven't heard of....

Priness Illassa from the story book the festival handed out.
 Sleeping Beauty/Aurora
 Hailey is really Rapunzel now.
 Lily was so excited to see Rapunzel. For the past 3 day and nights I made our girls these Rapunzel dresses. When Lily seen "Tangled" Lily said: "My mommy made me your Tangled dress"
Rapunzel said to Lily :"You look beautiful just like me Princess Rapunzel"
 Lily: "No you're not Rapunzel-you're Princess Tangled"

Either way she was really excited to meet her favorite princess.
 Here's Lily and Hailey with Belle and the Beast
Princess Winnifred from the Princess and the Pea. This was really cute to hear Princess Winnifred and Hailey talking. Winnifred asked Hailey if she felt the pea. Hailey said "I can feel it" So the Princess said to her "Only true princesses can feel the pea so you are a TRUE princess." I remember how Hailey sat up like 3 inches with her eyes so big from excitement and said " It's true. I am a princess!" Oh so adorable- I really enjoyed my afternoon with these 2 girls.
 And here's Princess Mila. I love how Hailey is giving Mila some major love cuddles.


But everywhere we went at the festival the princess's were either singing a song

or performing a skit that had some type of valuable lesson to it. For example, Snow White's skit was about finding someone to love based on their inner beauty; never their outer looks.
 But I have to give kudos to the Evil Queen. She was such an amazing singer that I was rooting for her.

A really awesome moment. The Assistant Princess to Cinderella was stalling so Cinderella could get ready. So she started singing with all the kids. They sang the ABC song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Popcorn popping on the apricot tree. I loved it! Every little princess knew that primary song and was sining it in a loud princess voice.

 Cinderella and her Prince. Hailey sat right in front of them and she was beaming from ear to ear from seeing them dancing. She told me that she wants her Prince to dance with her forever. I love it!
But the most fun I seen was the 12 Dancing Princesses. They had a dance lesson in a cave so here's Hailey getting her groove on with Princess Citrine and Princess Diamond.

Hailey and Lily had so much fun. Every Royal Princess they met loved their dresses. This made me happy knowing all my hard work was worth it when Hailey and Lily would just smile after hearing their compliment.  Our girls complained only once-when Mike told us it was time to go. But this will definitely have to be a new tradition.

(Our Princess's sitting in Cinderella chariot. She won't mind)

After our fun filled afternoon we all headed to my parents for a nice visit. Everyone ate dinner and played with water guns. Well everyone except Mike and me...we went on a date.

Gotta' love grandparents who understand the value of date nights. Since Mike and I didn't know when all our family dates were going to end we just headed to Jordan Commons and went to the first movie that was playing which was, 17 Miracles.
This is such an amazing movie. The experiences and condition these LDS Pioneers lived through just to get to the land of Zion. Our hearts were touched when the spirit testified to how our Heavenly Father will provide for us if we keep our faith in him. After seeing all the miracles the Pioneers experienced it touched our hearts so much that we couldn't help but shed ALOT of tears. This will be a movie that we will buy right when it comes out on video. Even if there's no coupon I'm buying it. :-)

I'm not going to complain about how busy Mike and I were today. Because as I write this post I really don't remember the stuff I forgot at home. And Mike didn't mind put his to-do list aside for the day. Today was a special day. We spent time together as a family. We shared in a memory with our kids. Mike and I spent some time together to help strengthen our bond. And our kids spent time with their grandparents which always helps with helping family ties stay strong.
So this was much better than any typical Saturday....it was our Family Date Day.

No comments: