Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Here's the post I wrote about Mike on the website "Or so she says"
Intro about myself then.....
My husband, Mike, is a very well rounded, active, funny, and hungry type of man. haha...so here is a list of his "Favorite Things"

Dove Men+Care skin care line. My husband is a very active person. Between his active job and his love of sports he sweats....ALOT!  But he doesn’t enjoy my sweet floral scented body wash or lotions. So while grocery shopping I picked up one of Dove's body washes and he loved it. But for this Father’s Day I purchased the entire line. Different “Man” smelling body washes, a few different Dove deodorants, and the Man Tool.  I know he’ll love this.



Another favorite on his list is this engraved dog tag with our kids photo on it. My hubby is a very stylish fella so this necklace is a great accessory for him to wear all year long. Plus it keeps our kids close to him even when he's away.  I saw a kiosk that made them in about 20 minutes at my local mall. But I've also seem them at Walmart  but you'd have to pre-order but still worth it since he looks forward to his new dogtag  every year.



My husband works nights and sometimes he’ll have to go into work early for a meeting or will get off really, really late so his homemade lunch just doesn’t fill him up. So he really likes these pre-loaded gift cards. Some mornings after work he’ll head over to McD’s and pick up something for himself for the drive home.  But he really likes the 7-11  gift cards. Nothing melts away his job related stress than a Mountain Dew and a bag of chips. So each one of our kids gives him a $5 gift card so he's got 4 gift cards in his wallet for whatever he wants.


My man is a music lover. When he runs, rides, or walks he's always plugged into his MP3 player. So he needed a great set of earphones that didn't cost us a car payment. So he spotted these MEElectronics Sport Headphones on Amazon and really loves them. Fits great in his ears when he wears a bandanna or if breaks a sweat. So these will always be on his fave list.
We live in Utah and there are so many mountain trails that my husband loves to put on these Swiss Gear hiking shoes and hit those trails. He loves the fresh air, camp fire meals and having no bars on his cell phone. By fluke he was in need of a pair of quick hiking shoes so he ran into Target. And he loves how they feel on his feet. He was very impressed that he found such a great find for under $25! 



Lastly my hubby is an adrenaline junkie. He loves anything that will get his heart pumping. So every year he'll have a “Thriller Date.” Of course he has to take me J Last year he went to the Salomon Center
here in Utah.  It has indoor surfing, rock climbing, and indoor skydiving all in the same building. It was so amazing to see him smiling from ear to ear. He told me that he appreciates I’m joining him in something he loves even though he knows I’m not an adrenaline junkie. But if you’re not in Utah I know you can Google where to find these activities in your local area.  

 I hope everyone can find some inspiration from my hubby's list of "Favorite Things" and are able to spoil those special men in your life. 

No comments: