Thursday, March 7, 2013

Patriotic Program

At school Hailey and the entire 1st grade put on a performance this afternoon that was 100% adorable!

I recorded the entire program which I'll later burn onto some disc for family. So since I didn't take any pictures I just took some snap shots from the video so I can post them on our blog.


The kids sang beautifully. They sang,
*Coming to America by Neil Diamond
*Pledge of Allegiance by Irving Caesar
*This land is your land by Woody Guthrie
*America the beautiful by Katherine Bates and Samuel Ward
*What's more American? by Kadish Millet
*God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood

 I loved how even though these songs are familiar to most everyone these kids added their own twist to it. :-)


I must write down that I really thought it to be astounding that the kids were able to recognize God in school. I've read to many articles about the pledge being changed to take out the word God. It's sad but very common now. But here is Hailey and all her little friends in bold lettering, "God Bless the USA". Really awesome to see :-)

After the first grade performance all the students along with their guest went back to their classroom to enjoy some refreshments. Which means cake and juice. :-)
Everyone in the first grade did such an amazing job. And Hailey did a fantastic job especially since she was able to conquer her nerves. And I admit that I cried alittle when they all sang, "I am proud to be an American"- it was just so cute to hear their sweet and gentle voices singing this song. It's one of my favorites. :-)

No comments: