Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day


After "The Race for the Cure" - Mike and I went to Mason and Hailey's soccer game.
They played such a great game. Hailey scored the only goal for her team. But after both games we all went home for a NAP! We were all still tired so why not?

After our wonderful naps it was close to dinner time and Mike gives me the day off for cooking so we headed out to PepperBellys for dinner. Mike and I love going local. Most of the time it's the best food that goes 
unnoticed.

 Cati only allowed for 1 photo. If I wanted more that then it has to include her eating. She's so funny! But PepperBelly's had such delicious food. I am a big fan of fish tacos and they had the best I have ever eaten!
 For dessert Mike swung by Krispie Kreme's....YUMMY!!! Then we headed to a local park so everyone could run around and work off some extra calories. However our evening needed to end since I needed to run to the store and our kids desperately needed a bath. But when I came home it was a splendid surprise to see this on our sidewalk.

 And this when I came inside. Mike made me an origami rose. How sweet!

 ________________________________________________________________________________


SUNDAY:



I love waking up to flowers on my nightstand. But I'm not going to tell you how I got them. Spousal privilege.
 After giving our mom's a phone call to wish them "Happy Mothers Day" we headed to our friend ,Sarah and Eric, for a delicious brunch.  She's such a great chef. It was so good I actually went back for 2nds....and 3rds.  Good thing Sunday's are an "OFF" day in the weight loss group I'm in.

But all good things must come to an end. Mike needed to go to work so we went back home and enjoyed a lazy day watching "Mom's favorite movie list". It was nice for a change to be the person who picks which movie we're going to watch.



I am so happy and thankful to be a mother. My kids sometimes keep me on my toes where I just want to chop my feet off, sometime they can make my head feel like I have a rock band inside playing Metallica, or they can take my LAST chocolate yogurt but I wouldn't want it any other way. Because then I would miss moments like this that make it all worth it. 









Happy Mother's Day!
And thank you Mike for giving me such an amazing day. I love you!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I'm glad you get to do so many things.
Mom