Thursday, May 12, 2011

Let me OUT!

At home we have a million and 1 things to do. School lessons, chores, cleaning, cooking, blah,blah,blah. So after a few days of trying to fight the time crunch we just gave up and went for a much needed break.

Lunch time + sunshine= park picnic!

I love living so close to so many parks,streams, and mountain views. Lily and Cati kept venturing to this creek. Don't worry Mike was right next to them and the stream was about 1 inch deep.

Back at the family blanket everyone feasted on sandwiches and snacks. Afterwards Mike and our 2 tots enjoyed the playground.




 (Mike is teaching me tic-tac-toe strategy. Who know there needed to be a strategy? So now that I know how to win....anyone want to play?)
But unfortunately Mason and Hailey decided to fight with each other within minutes of getting to the park. So they lost the privilege to play for today. It's so hard being a consistent parent....but don't get me started on that topic.
Cati really enjoyed herself. Lily had fun playing with the other neighborhood kids. It was really funny to watch Lily interact with 1 particular 3 year old girl. I know I shouldn't laugh but this girl wasn't being nice to Lily so Lily said to her "You have a poopie diaper, Poopie Diaper!" Mike and I just laughed. That's Lily's "I'm-going-to-get-you" insult. But of course our parenting instincts kicked in and we had a talk with Lily about saying only nice things to people. If it happens again we'll just laugh in the inside.

No comments: