Saturday, October 23, 2010

Not According to Plan

This morning a friend and I went to the Ogden Temple. We were both tired from staying up late but we knew this was going to be a great experience. When we got to the temple I was taken away by how beautiful it is. Beautiful in ways that I can't even explain. But during our wonderful and spiritual experience we experienced something else more real. A man fell to the ground and most likely had a heart attack. There were alot of people in this room. Some people were helping, some were watching, some were crying, etc. My friend and I tried to help as much as possible. But we had to leave as well so EMT's could come help this man.

I don't post this story to remember this images I seen. I am not posting this story for questions or sympathy; I post this story because of a few lessons I learned. This man was at the temple with his family. His wife, son, niece, and probably a few more family members. When my friend and I got back into her van we said a prayer and called our husbands. We told them what had happened and couldn't stop telling them how much we love them. This lesson has taught me to be with my family in a more positive way. I don't want them to go 1 minute without knowing I love them. I don't want my children to feel that all Mom does is cook, clean, and do schoolwork with them. I am still going to be responsible but I feel like I need to do more with them. I need to make great memories. I need to tell them I love them and show them. What if this man had an argument with his wife earlier and they didn't resolve it? What if his son and him haven't spent much time together and today was the first day in a long time they spend time together? What if his wife felt bad for not forgiving him for forgetting she made him a special dinner? What if...what if....what if? I don't want anyone of my family members to think about this if something were to happen to me. There are so many things I am doing and there are so many things I could be doing. I could be giving bigger and longer hugs. I could be jumping on our couch with my kids. I could be making them laugh alittle bit longer. I could be sliding with them down the park slides instead of reading a book under a tree. I could be doing alot more.....and now I am.

I will probably delete this post later but for now I need to get this off my chest and share this experience. It has really opened my eyes to so many things. I pray for this man's family. I pray for Gary.

2 comments:

Annie Duckworth said...

Pretty crazy! Makes ya think.

handygal said...

I am praying right there along with you. I think that you should leave this up it was a great way to express your thoughts and helps people think and learn through your experience.