Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Awful

I woke up this morning after a horrible nights sleep. The girls each took turns waking up and needing some cuddles. Mason refused to do his school. Mike played outside while I cleaned the kitchen. My hands were warm to the touch. This means to me that I am getting angry. It was my grumpy day today. And what made it even worse was I had planned to attend the temple today with a sister in my ward. I told Mike several times that I should just cancel. But he wouldn't let me. So I dressed, left my children unbathed, and left for the 10 minute drive. While driving someone cut me off. Seriously on the road to the temple someone cut me off!


But after entering and getting ready I looked for my friend. I was unable to find her. But I went inside anyways. As I sat in the house of the Lord; I prayed and prayed some more. I could feel the anger and tension leave my body. I felt in touch with my spirit and was able to unwrapped all those negative feelings that I was harboring. It was amazing to return home and feel the love that I know I had in my heart. I was able to laugh, joke and cuddle with my family.

******************************************************************

When I returned home from the temple it was almost 10pm. I would of been home earlier but I got lost a few times. I hate night driving! But when I pulled up I seen Mike and 2 of our girls outside with a bonfire ready to roast some marshmallows and to make our family secret smores. I smiled to see our telescope finally out of the box and being used. The girls laughed with delight since they were the only 2 who stood awake to enjoy our evening snack. We had to remind them a few times to be alittle quieter since our neighbors had work/or school the next day. But like all other things it went in one ear and out the other. But this time I was able to giggle when this happened. After about an hour Mike put our girls down in their beds and waved his magic wand and both girls were asleep within 10 minutes. I am amazed that he can do this. But I am grateful that he can as well so we can enjoy some alone time. We talk and enjoy the warmth that comes from our bonfire. I told him about my temple experience and he listened.





***************************************************************

I know I take advantage of how lucky I am to have such an amazing life. But tonight as I sat and watched and listened with my heart I seen how lucky I am- and I am not going to forget.

No comments: