Sunday, April 21, 2013

6 years

6 years ago I was baptized and became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

It's such a special day to me. That each year I do something special to celebrate. One of my newly made traditions is to attend the temple on my anniversary. So to ensure we keep this tradition alive Mike and I went Saturday (a day early) to the Bountiful Temple. 
 
 I absolutely love going to the temple with Mike. Afterwards we headed to Temple Square. (Mostly since Mike left his lunch box at work but it was a great motivation for us)


 We smelled the tulips, took a tour of roof top garden, threw coins into fountains (which by the way all the coins get donated to Primary Children's Medical Center), watched as people from all walks of the earth took pictures in front of this amazing temple. It truly is a beacon of hope for all to see.
 
  But to really make this day absolutely special we, as a family, headed back to my first ward. Back to where I was baptized.
 This was an amazing trip down memory lane.

My family met up with my friend, Diana, who was my first visiting teacher. She's such a wonderful woman that I'm very blessed to have her as my friend.

So while we chatted about her amazing lesson from Relief Society our kiddos played at the park. It didn't take long for them to reconnect and become best friends all over again.

Afterwards my family and I went to visit my parents where we filled up on some great food. And where my kids ran more of their energy out. Next a visit to Mike's cousin, Brian. We really do try to make as many visits to people when ever we take the trip to the valley.
So after this visit we headed home since we were all so exhausted and half asleep.

But today... Today is a day I can't really put into words. I am so happy. Like
happy x a million= Me :-)

Over these 6 years I have grown to know

That I am a daughter of God.

He knows me so well that he's there for me even when I want to be alone.

That I have a testimony about the Book of Mormon- this is a book from God.

Joseph Smith was a prophet. President Monson is the living prophet.

Tithing is a blessing all on it's own.

My prays do get answered every single time.

Children are my calling.

Promptings are to be listened to and not ignored.

It's more important to be trusted than loved.

It's not meant to be easy only worth it.

God's plan for me is WAY better than my plan.

Jesus Christ is my savior.

I am Angie and I am a Mormon. :-)


1 comment:

Max and Diana Brown said...

it was great to see you!!! :)