Saturday, April 13, 2013

Gardens

Most mornings I'll find my 2 girls outside caring for their garden. Not a day goes by that they won't be weeding, watering, and removing debris from their beautiful flowers.

 Lily will do the dirt watering while Ducati will spray the leaves with water since they are thirsty too.

But last week we had a wind storm. Pretty common around here now but with winds reaching 70 mph their poor flower patch didn't survive. Lily and Ducati cried their eyes out because the wind "killed" their flowers.
To help calm those tears I promised them a trip to Lowe's to pick up some pretty new flowers. This brought comfort to their broken hearts.

Just by chance the next week was a kid's clinic where they made planters. Great fit for this occasion. :-)



After much debating and deciding Lily and Cati chose these lovely beauties for their new planters.


Gardening has never been my cup of tea. I can usually grow things on accident but 9 out of 10 times what I'm growing will die. But I've really taken up an interest in gardening (thanks to all the pinterest tips) But hey.... it gives me something to bond over with my girls. And that right there is something special all on it's own. :-)

No comments: