Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th weekend

What a fun weekend! We did everything we could to make this a great holiday weekend. 

Fireworks.....


 This was the 1st time Cati was able to really enjoy fireworks and I think she enjoyed herself.
 Since she tried to touch and grab them. So sweet!
( Lily was just memorized by the show that she didn't talk to us for 10 minutes. All she kept saying "That's so cool!" )

Ice Cream dinners....

( I remember a story of myself when I was about Cati's age that I kept biting the bottom of my ice cream cone and my parents told me "Don't bite the bottom" Then a few seconds later I would bite the bottom again. After a few bites the ice cream started to fall through and I started to cry. Who know that cone biting was in the genes?)


Grocery Shopping.....
I think this is way I go shopping alone. )

Adopted a soldier..... Mike and I are big believers that the more we give the more blessings we'll receive. It's been said in scripture so many times and we've seen this blessing come to live with our family. So while surfing the internet I seen this program that soldiers put up a wish list of items they and their platoon need. So I adopted a Sgt who needs toiletries for him and his company. So being the Queen of Couponing we have so much that we're making a kit of items for him and his platoon. It's such an honor to help someone who's serving me with his life. The least I can do is send him some razors and body wash.




Drive- In.....

 Best way to celebrate our countries freedoms than to watch the new Transformers movie while fireworks go off in the background. This movie is all about our freedom from evil aliens. Thank goodness that Sam Witwicky saved us all! :-)
 But of course we also had some fun in our sprinklers, slept in an extra 12 minutes, slacked off on all our household chores that today I'm going to be busy cleaning up our entire house. But completely worth it :-)

HAPPY to have INDEPENDENCE  each DAY!

No comments: