Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Baby Shower

In April of 2007 I became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. At that moment I had reasons that led me to make that choice. Over the years my testimony has grown and more reasons have led me to make more choices. But last night was one of those nights that really made me (and Mike) feel like "This is what LDS is". Sorry if some might not agree but this is our blog and we can do whatever we want ;-)

There's a sister in our ward that is expecting a baby girl next month. Awesome yet a common occurrence in our ward. But this sister didn't know she was pregnant until she was 5 1/2 months along. Due to some issues she was completely unaware. So most people know that preparing for a baby takes time. So this is where one sister/friend/neighbor stepped in. She threw together a baby shower for the sister.

There was a lot of sneakiness to get this to come together. She was told that this was a Dove Chocolate party. Although that would of been nice to attend-this was way better especially on my waistline. So when she  walked in and everyone yelled "Surprise" she was completely shocked. After the shock settled she looked so happy. There was a few members from her family but a majority were women from Relief Society.

Everyone visited, enjoyed the sweet treats then it was present time.
She got so many diapers,wipes, and adorable baby girl clothes. Every outfit was followed by a cute "Awww"
That box is from Mike and I....It was full of things from diapers, wipes, baby bath stuff, lotions from momma, and a Moby. I love those things!!
This was such a wonderful night. I can't explain it but I (and Mike) are so thankful we moved to Farmington and have met so many wonderful people. Farmington 4th Ward is so kind and caring to everyone who enters. I am so happy to have been part of this. Moments like these are the shining reasons why I became LDS.

1 comment:

Max and Diana Brown said...

you are such a sweetheart!! you know that?? we are bless to have you as a friend!