Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines' Day

Since Mike and I had given each other our gifts a last week all we had to exchange was one small gift. Mike gave me a silver puffed heart necklace. The significance of this necklace was our first Valentines day he gave me a heart necklace that I later lost on our wedding day. I felt so bad about this. But Mike being a sweetheart replaced it for me. The kids made him 2 personalized shirts. He loved them! Mason was so excited to give Mike the gift that he told dad what was in the box when we handed him the box. And for the kids we have them a few lollipops....Lily loved her sour apple blow pop.Mike picked out a stuffed animal dog for each kid. Mason got a brown fuzzy dog. Hailey got a puppy in a lady bug outfit. She's obsessed with lady bugs right now. And Lily got a purple puppy. She was the only one that would let us take a picture of it. (Like she had a choice). Mason and Hailey each got a set of paints so they dashed to the table to paint their hearts out. They love arts and crafts. They painted so many pictures that our dining room walls have new wallpaper.Then the kids helped Mike put away a box of 500 rice krispie treats. (that's my husband..I love my spontaneous husband)

It took 6 Smiths bags to empty that huge box. We will never go hungry again.

After this we had strawberry pancakes for dinner. I didn't have time to take a picture before everyone dived in. But later that evening my mom came over so Mike and I can go out.

*BEFORE You continue with this blog entry take in count that Mike and I are going to wait to go to the temple. We talked and are just not ready to go.*


We got tattoos. We had another plan for our evening but we drove by a new place by our apt and decided to stop in. Here is Mike with his outline of his half of our tattoo. Then it was my turn. Actually I went first but all I did was cringe so I only have silly pictures. But here is Mike with a big smile on him not even flinching. Brave man...Here's Angie's half. Can you tell what it is????When we hold hands it completes a tribal heart. We love it. We're together forever now. Then to dinner at the hospital. No..not cuz of ink poisoning.
This is where we first got together. So we returned back to the scene of the crime. But in all honesty they have some great food for being a hospital.

Mike and I stuffed our face like we always do. I loved their fries so much I got a little crazy.

This was a great Valentines day for us all. The point of the day was to show our love to our loved ones and we feel mission accomplished.

2 comments:

Angie and Jerome said...

p.s Mason is soo handsome in his glasses! What a cutie!

Angie and Jerome said...

Aaahhh...needles! You are way braver than I would be. (I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it) Your tats are AWESOME!!! (and romantic...ooo la la!) You two were made for eachother! Loves!