Saturday, February 7, 2009

Salsa Dance

Mike and I went to a salsa class that was being held at a local high school. It was a 2 hours class that teaches the basics of salsa. It was so much fun. Mike prior to the class only knew how to hold my hand but he picked it up quick and now he's a salsa machine!

The instructor was great. She had everyone dancing with everyone even if we came with a partner-no one was safe. It was so we can get a feel how it's to dance with different partners. The women had to learn to trust their partners at first site and learn not to lead. Which was hard for some ladies. But the men had to learn to take charge and lead the ladies. Mike had no trouble with leading his random partners but I had trouble trusting the other men to not step on my toes. At one point we ladies had to close our eyes and just trust our partners to lead us. This was hard for me since I did'nt want my toes to be stepped on. [It still happened :-)] But all in all it was a great way for Mike and I to learn something new as a couple and have fun at the same time. (Like that's hard for us)
Who knows maybe you'll see more dance blogs in the future?....

1 comment:

Angie and Jerome said...

What a fun idea! I've wanted to do ballroom dancing with Jerome for awhile. It's gonna need some more convincing him though. :) Too cute!