Monday, November 24, 2008

She's getting better


On early monday morning when we went on our regular visit to the NICU the doctor said that Lily has been maintaining her sugars and that he's going to wean her from the IV and see how she does. If she does ok she would be able to leave the NICU and come onto the maternity ward with us.

So all day Mike and I focused on her and her feedings. We would say little prayers for her that when the staff checked her sugar she was within normal range.

However today was not a good day for Mason and Hailey. Hailey being her sweet 2 year old self was not understanding why mom and dad were away. The baby is out so now we should be able to come home. So Mike did the hardest thing ever....he went home. I know I needed him at the hospital for support but the kids needed one of us there for them. So he took the road less traveled. Plus he had job orientation the following morning so I felt he needed to be in tip-top shape.

Later that evening though Lily was released from NICU. At around 9pm she was in my room with me. I was in somewhat of a panick since I was to keep her on the 3 hour feedings but was afraid I'd sleep thru one. But the staff that night was very helpful and reassuring.

1 comment:

Angie and Jerome said...

Love that binky and bow! Too cute! We're so glad everything is better and you're both doing good. Man Angie you're a trooper!