Thursday, November 27, 2008

At home at last


On Wednesday early morning Lily's and my doctor signed us out of the hospital with a good-enough-bill of health. She has to have a follow up on Friday for her jaundice level and I have to go back in 2 weeks for my follow up. So Mike packed up everything in our cramped room and away we went!!
We all got home around 11am. Mike helped settle Lily and I in then went to go get Mason and Hailey from their grandparents'. Hailey is doing much better with being a big sister ever since Mike stood the night with them on Monday. She wants to know everything that is happening to Lily. And since Lily and I aren't getting the nursing thing yet Hailey has hired herself bottle feeder. We don't mind it the extra set of hands.
Mason on the other hand thinks Lily is too small to handle. He just likes to look from a far. He's held her a few times but only for minutes.
But things on the home front. Lily fits right in with this family. The kids absolutely love her. Last night was the first night everyone was under one roof and I loved it. All my family was here and I really missed that. Being in the hospital for those 3 days made me crazy. But sleeping in my own bed, taking a shower without a chair in it, not having to call someone when I needed water, wow I missed my home.
But as today is Thanksgiving alot of things have been put into a new view. While we were at the hospital we got commented on our attitudes a few times. Especially since our ages it guess it's a rare thing to see. We don't need much and honestly don't have much but we do have a home filled with love, laughter, and great memories. We have 3 beautiful, smart, loving children that aren't being raised on the latest battery gadget. They love books, tickle wars, cuddling and spending time with their famliy and friends. Mike and I have a love that some may not have understood at first but have learned that we are perfect for one another. We learn from each other so much that it's a perfect fit. We are truely grateful and thankful for the life we were given.

3 comments:

Hemminger Family said...

We are so happy for you guys and happy that Angie and Lilly are doing great. Maybe we can come down next weekend and see you guys. Glad that everyone is home and happy. Mike, I always knew that you would make a great dad!!!!!

Julia said...

Congratulations again on your sweet baby! We're glad you're home!

Angie and Jerome said...

You all are too cute! Oh and TAG! You're it!!!! See our bog for details! Loves!!!