Wednesday, November 12, 2008

And the Doctor says.....

Mike and I have seen 5 doctors since we found out we were expecting Lily. Mostly for insurance reasons. But the newest doctor we have seen, Dr. Bell. He'll be the one to give me the c-section. He is pretty old school. I mean ancient medicine was founded by him. He says that my diabetes is a VERY SERIOUS DANGEROUS matter. Which pretty much scared the living day lights out of me. So now he's looking into my old charts and trying to find some clues to see exactly how old Lily is. He thinks that a due date we once got for November 23rd is more accurate than any other we have once received. But since he was trained on measurements on how developed a baby is and my measurements are out of whack he is looking at the charts and the older ultrasounds to find his clue. So half doctor/ half detective.

When we left the doctors office Mike and I weren't as shocked to hear that the due date has changed. I have an appointment on Thursday for a dietitian. Even though I have about a week and a half to two weeks I still need to learn how to manage my diabetes. So to all who look at this blog and/or talk with us Lily will come when she comes. She is a big, bold and beautiful baby girl.

1 comment:

Hemminger Family said...

Well I hope that everything keeps going good. Let us know if there is anything that we can do to helpout in any way.