Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mike's Surprise Birthday


On Saturday Mike had his birhtday. At first I don't think Mike thought I had anyhting special planned for him. I made him breakfast and gave him one gift. We agreed to wait until the kids came back from their visit with their other dad.


So we did some volunteer work at the local DI. While working I told Mike I didn't feel well and wanted to leave and come home. If he could just go get the kids while I stayed at home and relaxed and did a few things to get ready for his birthday.


While he left my mom and I decorated our apartment with blue and white streamer, blue and white balloons, cooked a few appretizers, baked his cake which later I decorated it with blue and white with a Detroit Lions set up on it. Alittle bit later Mike's family came. Sue, Steve and Julia and boopers, Daina and my mom were all here. And we just waited for Mike to show up.


Since Mike got the kids early he stopped off to visit a friend and went to the store to buy me some flowers. How sweet of him but he was late to his own party. Silly Mike!


But he was surprised when he came in. He just stood there for a few minutes and took it all in. It was super fun. We all ate, the kids played, everyone talked and laughed, Mike opened his presents, we sang him Happy Birthday and cut the cake.


At the end of the night he had a lot of fun and Thanked everyone for coming. He had a smile on his face the rest of the night. ( I got him that Detroit Lions hoodie that's in the picture above)

No comments: