Thursday, November 6, 2008

Parent Teacher Conference


Tonight we had parent teacher conference and Mason is doing great. For the past few years I would hear from his teachers that he is very smart but aggressive. This year 4 out of 4 teachers said he is amazing and really smart. That he is one of the best readers in this reading class. That is sounds out words and is doing good in math. Mason's teacher tested Mason at the beginning of the year to see where he was academically and he scored a C. But now he is an F. (I know confusing but the higher the letter the better is it. I thought he was failing but he's not. He's above average.)

But what I really enjoyed hearing is that Mason is doing great with his peers. That he is turn taking and talking politely with others. With autism it can be really hard to keep his hands to himself since it makes him a more physical person than verbal person but this year he is doing great. And that he is happier than they ever seen him. A teacher said that from the start of the year to current they noticed that he is happier, calmer and just has a whole turn around in his attitude. Mike likes to think that it's his doing. But to be honest it probably is. Mason and Hailey had a rough year and I know it helps to know that they have parents that really love them and are interested in their lives. I owe Mike alot for everything he has done for me but I see that he has done alot more for my kids....our kids.

1 comment:

Hemminger Family said...

Hey Guys. Just wanted to stop by and say hi and hope that everything is still going well. Hope to talk to you guys soon.
You shoudl check out Taylor's costume on our blog. He is way cute.