Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Survivor


Friday Feb.26 there was a snow storm. Where we live it wasn't snowing that bad. However where Mike works the snow was coming down hard. I usually stay up on Fridays nights to see Mike come home. But this day I didn't want to clean up our front room so I went to bed. At 1:30am I said my bedtime prayers. In my prayers I asked that Heavenly Father would help Mike come home safely.

At 1:45am Mike was driving on I-80 and slide on some black ice and crashed into a bridge supporter wall. Broken windshield. Air bags deployed. The front and back of the car are completely totalled.
But he walked away completely safe. Not one scratch. No bruises. Some sore muscles the next day but it's a real miracle he came out unharmed.

I didn't realized how bad the crash was until I seen our car at the salvage yard. I just held Mike and cried tears of joy that my husband was spared. I am a firm believer that the power of pray works.
Mike jokes that I need to be more detailed in my prayers. Next time I need to pray that both him and our vehicle are delivered safely back home. Always a joker.

No comments: