Sunday, June 20, 2010

Reflections

No photos, no images, just raw emotion.Over the last few years I have seen and felt myself learn and grow. As a wife, mother, friend, daughter, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law, and as a child of God. I have had many struggles and still fall back into them. (Don't ask Mike what they are cuz he won't tell you). However for the last few weeks I can feel my heart changing. And it feels weird to tell everyone who might be reading our blog. I don't think it's that many but sharing is still sharing.

I have recently been called to be a vising teacher supervisor. It's small cookies in this big jar. But I feel that my Heavenly Father knows what and how he can help me grow. I have had some struggles with my shyness. It takes extreme force usually by Mike to help me not be a wall flower. I feel that some of my guard comes from my past relationships and choices I have made....and some from having a child with Autism. I feel in order to protect him from the cruelty of uneducated people I have to keep my guard up until I can trust you. ( I just thought of that right now) .However lately I have been trying to meet some women/people in our ward. All have been very nice to me. I actually have agreed to attend a weekly playgroup. But over the last few years I have become accustom to being private. Sharing my gifts, talents, and ideas with only a select few.

But now I feel that I was meant to share what I hold with others. I know God asks his children to share their talents...but it's easier said than done. I know it will take me some time to open up even more to people. But I want to share that I am an interesting person. I love to create...might it be with cakes, crafts, dance or art. ( I actually got an art scholarship for college many eons ago) That Mike,who is the most interesting person I have ever known, didn't marry a lump on a log. Some might not understand what he sees in me. Honestly I feel the same way but whatever it is I am very glad he sees it.

So I want to make this my first step. My first reflection. If you would like to leave a comment feel free. If not that's ok...I did this more for me.

4 comments:

Kim Stringfellow said...

Angie, I am so glad that you and your cute family moved into our ward. I have really enjoyed getting to know you, and I am so excited that you accepted the call to be a VT supervisor. (I will be calling you soon to fill you in on everything). You will be great! Just in the short time I have known you, I have seen you grow in confidence spiritually, and in your interactions with others. Keep coming to RS and all the activities to continue to get to know the women in our ward. They are kind, loving, and eager to welcome you with open arms. Our ward is blessed to have you and your family in it! You are a wonderful mother too. Your kids are so lucky!

Max and Diana Brown said...

my dear sweet friend, you are one of the most wonderful people I know, you have so much to give, and Heavenly Father knows that, I know very well the feeling of being not ready for a calling, when I got called to teach RS I panic,how a girl with such a big lenguage barrier could ever teach, I read that Pte Monson once said "how the Lord calls... He qualifys" (I think that is how you write it)you have so many gifts.. just trust him and let it shine!!

It's Miller Time said...

Angie, thanks for sharing such a sweet post. Sometimes it's so hard to put yourself out there but it is so worth it. You are a great Mommy and do such a great job with your cute kids! So glad your in our ward!

Julia said...

Angie, YOU'RE AWESOME! and I'm glad that you two are the happy couple that you are! It's awesome! There needs to be more of that in the world.