Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mission Bay ***** (those are stars)

Today was the best day of our vacation. We went to Mission Bay. It was exactly what we had in visioned California to be....

When we got to the bay the parking was really bad. Just a fun fact....the most common sentence spoken between 2 strangers is " Are you leaving?" so they can get your parking spot. I managed to find a spot but I admit I suck at parking so Mike had to help out. And this is why....the spot was so small that I had to take the kids out of the car before he parked since this was the only way he was getting out. And we weren't the only ones doing this either. But none the less our car was parked.
Here's our first stop.....
This was a outdoor amusement park. It was pretty reasonable priced so we indulged and had a little fun. Each kid got to pick 1 ride of their choice. Hailey and Lily wanted to go on the boat ride. I swear they both kept ringing that bell the whole time that ride went on. But now they want to be called Capt. Hailey and Capt. LilyMike and Mason went on the Famous Giant Dipper Roller Coaster. This is the ride Belmont Park is famous for. It's 70 yrs old and I was a wreck when I read that it's over 2,600 feet of track that was made of old vintage wood. This was the only picture I could get. There was tons of gates and rails. Mike has a nice head huh? But then we went on something safer....the carousel.



Mike had a turn with the kids on this ride. Then I had my turn with the kids. I wasn't able to get a shot with Mike and Lily together. It kept moving too fast. But Lily loved the carousel. She kept kicking her feet and screaming in delight. Mason and Hailey loved to yell out HI to me as they passed around and around.

Then it was lunch time.
Here's a few random pics while we were there.



Check out this purse . I wanted an authentic CA purse that I would only get away with in this state and no where else. So Mike got it for me. I must say it's one of a kind.
Then we went to Mission Beach. It was perfect. Water was calm so everyone could enjoy it.
After splashing around for a little bit we did some sand art.I made the heart with our initials in it. But Mike made the equation. Peace+us=happiness. Cute huh? But Mason was the one who really got into the sand art. He must of made like 7 or 8 huge pictures. But here's only a few. I like his picture of a whale.

Mike decided to twist things up a little and instead of making a sand castle he made a pyramid. It was a hit with the other kids at the beach. When the tide began to come in all the other kids tried to save the pyramid.

Anyways after making fun stuff in the sand we just played in the sand.The sand was actually kinda cool. It was the typical color of sand on top and below it was black. This is why Hailey is sitting a black pool of water. It's a sand hole we dug while we were looking for sea shells.Lily on the other hand ate sand from every beach we went to. I guess this was her way of savoring her CA experience. Except she pooped sand the entire time we were there. Our family photo at the beach. It was so much fun here.We absolutely love San Diego.

1 comment:

Angie and Jerome said...

What an AWESOME vacation!!! (and well deserved!) I've said it before and I'll say it again... I think it is so wonderful all the great memories you make with your kids! You both give them all such fun childhood's. (I take lots of notes from you guys) Love all the pics! Love you!!!