Friday, July 17, 2009

Updates on EVERYTHING

I think I came to the realization that if you don't keep up on your blog that catching up can be overwhelming and almost impossible.

So I have came up with this idea...consolidate! I'm just going to put everything into one entry to save on time, labor and sanity. So here goes....

July 3th-
We stood home since we were planning to go see fireworks on the 4th. So Mike blew off fireworks in driveway.


I know Lily has no fear....Just like her daddy...she actually grabbed hold of the sparkler and it fell and burned a small hole into this blanket she was sitting on. And I was the one that freaked out. She was as cool as a cucumber.
After a while of the small fireworks the kids got a little bored...


so Mike got out the bigger and louder LEGAL fireworks and the excitement was back!!!!

We stood outside blowing up fireworks I think until 11:00-11:30pm. Way pass all our bedtime but who can resist fireworks.

July 4th-
We went to the dollar theater today and seen the Xmen- Wolverine movie and wow it was good. Afterwards we headed back home and all took a nap so we could be rested for fireworks later tonight.
We went to the Kaysville fireworks since it was the closest to us and less likely to have crazy drivers. When we got there the whole high school lawn was full of people sitting and waiting. Luckily by the time we got there we didn't have to wait too long. But the firework show was the longest Mike and I have ever encountered. It was almost 40 minutes long. We couldn't believe it. The fire-lighter people had to take small breaks during the show... I'm not sure why....maybe to reload but during the show it paused 3 times each lasting maybe 2 minutes. But during each pause people would get up thinking it was done. Then hurry back when the fireworks went off again. LOL!!!
But it was a great show. Lily even jumped in to entertain us with her fetch trick.

July 7th-
I went to the OB/GYN today. Little Ducati is doing great. Mike and I decided not to know the gender of the baby however I admit I was going to cheat. But I guess Ducati wanted to help keep me honest and sat on it's feet when the doctor was checking that special area. So we still don't know.


July 11Th-
We went to the near by drive in to see the new Transformer movie.


Since we wanted a good spot we got there about 2 hours early. The kids were really good being patient. They played, talked about the movie, had a few snacks and Hailey took some photos.


Can you tell who the camera hog is in this family?
Then the sun set and it was movie time. No one was more excited than Mike. He's been wanting to see this movie since he heard it was coming out. And I have to say this was an awesome movie. Of course Lily fell asleep during the first 20 minutes but Mason and Hailey stood awake the whole time.

But the double feature for this movie was Star Trek. And I learned something new about my beloved husband. That he's a Trekkie. He knew everyone and everything that was going on during the movie. That's alright though.... I love finding out new things about him.

But during this movie Hailey wanted to go to sleep so Mike pulled down our back seats, took out her car seat and make a bed for her to sleep on. After the movie it got a little tricky on how to put her back into her seat without waking her so I suggested to push her into the trunk and put the seats back to normal then carry her to her car seat. And that's what he did.
All the people who walked by and seen this just laughed. It was really funny. But she's not a pretty person to wake up from her beauty sleep. So as long as it worked that's all that matters.
We really enjoyed our evening however will NOT be going back to this drive in. I think every smoker in our county came here tonight. It was really gross to have cigarette smoke clouds linger around you. We had to move to the very back of the drive in since the management wouldn't help us about the smoke since smokers have rights to. BLAH BLAH!!! It was cheap to see the movie but our health is worth way more to us. So we'll stick with dollar theatres.

2 comments:

Angie and Jerome said...

Sounds like Europe...everyone smokes! It's sooo gross. You go out to eat and end up getting a lot more than you ordered.(lung cancer...mmmmmmm) Look at Ducati! We're so glad he or she is healthy. My guess is a....boy. Don't make me wrong Angie! :D

Julia said...

Hailey takes such great pics!! I'm also glad Ducati is doing well! I can't wait for HIM to be born. (I'm thinking it's another boy, think how convenient that would be for you!)