Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pond Adventure


After church we headed up to our local pond and had ourselves a wonderful, peaceful, and fun afternoon. 
We started our family time with a little service project. Each set of partners had a pair of gloves and a trash bag so we could clean up the trail and pond. I didn't think it was going to be so gross but....Oh.My. People are gross. 

Anyways after the clean up we enjoyed the nice cool water. :-)

 Everyone had so much fun. This time I remembered to pack the life jackets and floaties. So I was much more relaxed when it came to our kiddos playing in the water.
 As you can see I had the littler ones double protected. Can never be too safe :-)

 Look.... I was there too..... Mike says I need to take more pictures of me.

 After playing for a little while we enjoyed a nice waterside picnic. :-)


As you can see Ducati enjoyed her lunch. Nothing shows happiness like marshmallows. 
But now it was time for Mike to show off his tree roping skills.  



 After doing some crazy water tricks

He inspired our girls to give the rope a try. Alittle nerve wrecking but they need room to breathe too.

First up, Hailey. It took her a few dry runs to build up her confidence to go all the way.


 

 But she had so much fun. That she was one of the few who kept getting in line to do it again.

Next, Lily.
 For a 4 year old she's fearless. She just grabbed the rope and went at it. No stopping her once she sets her mind on something.

 Last, Ducati. She's so adorable.

 Since she's so short she couldn't even reach the water line when she let go of the rope. So Mike would catch her mid-air then swing her over into the water and splash her body half way.

It was so adorable to watch her. All the grown men around us would stop and say, "Awwww!" 

But we did more than just play in the water. Lily went nature searching for camouflage leaves.

This is what she found. Can't see her huh?

Mason he just sat in a floatie and relaxed. And every time I tried to take his photo he'd turn his face. Never fear I'll get him next time.

We had so much fun. This family time was very much needed. I can't wait for next weekend's family time. :-)

No comments: