Friday, March 23, 2012

Lazy Days

Our home can be so busy some days that I sometimes forget to breathe. But for the most part our house has been calm. Besides the activities of everyday living we've been doing pretty well.

Hailey is embracing her gardening. She loves these warm days where she can dig for worms, make an ant house out of a recycled juice container and water our cherry blossom.
Every year we look forward to this. It's like the wake up call that spring is here. 
Mike's still working on the van, his motorcycle and the car.

More like his work car doesn't have a stereo. This drives him crazy. He currently uses his MP3 player and his coach speaker box but that just doesn't cut it. So he found a really good deal for a older version CD player but he's got to fix a few things first. Our van and his motorcycle both have parts being ordered in so whoever calls first with the parts will be the first one fixed (I hope it's the van!)

Cati is growing up so much these past few months. She's become more independent which has lead to her wanting to make her own choices. So if you see my child with a PJ shirt, church shoes, and a pair of leggings- SHE DID! Her new favorite thing is painting her nails. She had a small rash but it only lasted a few hours but she's been really enjoying life now that she's been rash few for a couple of weeks.
Lily- I love my Lily! She's only 3 but looks like a 5 year old, talks like a 9 year old, and acts like a 16 year old. So right now she's learning household chores. About a month ago I made a chore chart for the family. Everyone has a chore that lasts a week and after Family Home Evening we change who gets which chore. It's been a great way to teach the kids the value of work but it's been nice for me to have a lighter load. It's given me a chance to do the chores I always seem to neglect like my ironing. But Miss Lily has loved the chore chart. And as you can see from the photo she loves to vacuum with Dad's big shop vac that blows air. I'm beginning to think that her "messes" are more like "opportunities". 

Mason (no photo) has been grounded still. But over the past couple of weeks I've noticed a change in him. One night while I was doing my chore, dinner dishes, I was thinking to myself...
How can I help Mason to start acting correctly? My first thought" ME FIRST!" 
I know that God answered that for me since I wasn't even thinking that it was my fault. But truth be told- it is. Heavenly Father has promised parents if we have Family Home Evening, family prayer, family scripture study, and the parents attend the temple- our children will come back. 
So when this impression came to my mind I told Mike that I knew a way to fix Mason. Then I explained that if we want him to be better; we need to be better. So last week for FHE Mason gave the lesson about how being honest helps build trust. And things are starting to change with Mason. He received all G's (great's) in class with the exception of one A (average) But hey- not everyone can be perfect. 
But he's noticing a change within himself when he reads his scriptures everyday and when he skips a day. He notices a day when he has more patience than others so on that day he prays more. There's alot more but it's more of a private matter for him. 

So things are really nice....right now. :-)

No comments: