Sunday, March 22, 2009

New York City

Lily is probably telling herself..."Here we go again"

After church today Mike and I starting talking that tomorrow we're going back home to Utah and we might not be back this way for some time. So we decided to go to NYC. We rented a car from Dollar Rental. Brent and Patty let us use their GPS system and then we were off on the open road.
I (Angie) drove the car to the city. And wow it was crazy. The speed limit in some spots was 50 mph and I was MAYBE speeding a little more but cars were still flying by me. So I was nervous as a turkey on Thanksgiving driving around there so we parked the car in a garage right when we hit the city.
Look a New York pigeon....Anyways since Mike has been here before and I never have he let me pick where we were going to go. And since we only had time for one place I picked.....That's right TIME SQUARE. The heart of N.Y.C.Since we wanted to save a few bucks we walked everywhere. Which was no big deal since it seemed impossible to get a cab and I was still nauseated from the Boston bus ride. We walked all down Broadway. I was a little nervous to have someone take our picture just in case they ran off with my camera. But I think TV portrayed New Yorkers to be some ruthless people when actually they are just busy hustlers. We paid $15 bucks for a bottle of water, 2 hot dogs and a small pretzel. But we needed our energy so we dished out the cash. (NY should have a sign that says "Only Cash" since we had to keep hitting ATM's)

But Mike got himself a Sean John shirt from the Sean John store. There's only 5 stores in the world so chances of us running by one again is slim to none.

I got myself my Frada (Fake+ Prada=Frada) I had always wanted a Prada bag by my good conscience won't let me spend $800-$4k on a purse so I compromised with myself and got myself a knock off. It still looks great.

As we continued to walk we spent some money on some souvenirs, pictures, beanies, and this hat.This guy had a table where he would tag a ball cap with your name for $20 bucks. Of course we hustled the price down a little. But it was going to take about 40 minutes since there was other orders in front of us on the hat-line so we went to McD's. This wasn't any ordinary McD's but then again there's nothing ordinary in New York. Besides the prices being really high. All the items on the menu had the fat and calorie count right next to them. We never seen that before. Like these Mini McDonuts are 400 calories for the six of them. So we shared them.But the coolest thing about this McD's was it was 3 levels and on the third floor it played music videos on the walls. Mike made a comment that in SLC we have playlands for kids and in NYC they have music videos.
Anyways after we ate we went back for our hat and here's the finish product.It says "Lassig". Pretty cool huh?
After this we went to the Empire State Building.When Mike was in NYC last time he went in the morning so this time we went in the evening. He says it was a lot better this time around since we could see all the city lights.
When we got to the 86th floor and went outside it was freezing. We would only be able to stay outside for a minute or two then have to run back inside to warm up. It was beautiful sight to see with all the lights but froze us to the bone.We had our first New York kiss on top of the Empire State Building. I know...very Sleepless in Seattle like.But Lily on the other hand was ready to get out of there. (She looks so cute with her NYC beanie)We seen the real Statue of Liberty from a distance on top of the Empire State Building. It looked only an inch tall but was still very awesome to see. Next time we go to NYC (whenever that is) we'll have to see it up close but this one was a pretty cool substitute. We seen this Lady Liberty at Toys R Us made entirely of Lego's.
After our walk back to the car we loaded up on some Red Bull and drove back to CT.
Here's the toll booth were they hustle another $5 bucks from us.

















No comments: