Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mason's Birthday


Today is Mason's 7th birthday. Wow time sure does fly when you have kids. After picking up the kids and Lily from grandma's ( Can you believe it-an evening of no kids and all we did was decorate for his party and searched Wal-Marts til 1am looking for a pinata? That's our idea of having a good time)

When we came home Mason was so excited to come into our apt.

We decorated it with yellow, brown, red and orange balloons. Mike put up the yellow and brown party paper all over our living room and dining area. (That's the colors of Indiana Jones) But Mason walked right past all our hard work and went for his gifts.
He torn thru them so fast....I didn't have time to take that many pictures.
But he was so excited when he opened his gifts. We got him the rest of the Indiana Jones movies he was missing, a Indiana Jones hat, an Indiana Jones toy cloth whip that plays the theme music, some snakes(Indy hates snakes!) and the Indiana Jones action figure that has whipping sounds. He was so happy. He kept saying thank you to Mike and I and then asked if we'd call him Indiana Jones the rest of the day. So we did.


Since the party wasn't to start until 10am Mike and I started on the food while Mason rescued Hailey from the snake pit in our living room. When my parents showed up and a friend of ours, Sarah, and her son, Eric. Then the real fun started. He opened the rest of his gifts. He got more Indiana Jones toys, coloring books, candy, a shooter gun thing, etc. But after all the paper was picked up we pulled out the PINATA`!!!!We were going to go outside but it was too cold so we just moved the couch and played inside. Mason, Hailey, and Eric each got 3 hits per turn to try to bust it open. After each kids had 2 tries then it was Mom's turn and on my 3rd hit I busted it open and all the candy and toys fell out. It was on the floor, under the couch, in the couch cushions, by the window. Everyone was grabbing handfuls of candy. I mean everyone-my 53 year old dad, Mike, Eric's mom, me and all the kids. But then is was time for Indiana Jones to have his cake. We all sang to him. When it was the part to enter his name everyone said Mason. But Mike said Indiana Jones and Mason loved that! He was so happy.
I'm not sure what he wished for cuz he won't tell us but it doesn't matter... anyways he cut his own cake into pieces that no one could finish. Lily loved her huge piece of chocolate cake and spoonful of fudge vanilla ice cream.
Here's Hailey and Mike watching Temple of Doom. Or should I say here they are mesmerized to the movie.
After the party he and Hailey played until he had to leave for a little bit. But when he came back home and after I got him ready for bed he told me this was his best birthday ever. And again thanks mike and me for all the Indiana Jones things. When I asked him which was his favorite gift he said his hat and whip. YES-WE ROCK!!!!
But the night before while we searched for a pinata Mike had asked me if Mason is old enough to remember the things we do for him-like this birthday...If he'll remember how we gave him his Indiana Jones party that he's been wanting???? And honestly while we decorated I hoped Mason would remember his special birthday and hoe he felt but after today and seeing how excited and happy he was I think he will remember this day forever. (Or I'll remind him later down the years)




1 comment:

Angie and Jerome said...

I'm so glad he had a great b-day! He is just too adorable!!! You guys are awesome parents! Lily sure looks like she enjoyed those sweets.lol! Loves!