Wednesday, March 4, 2009

1 year Anniversary

Today is our 1 year wedding anniversary. Wow that went by really fast!... Today we had a slow start. Mike has to work tonight so we were going to celebrate our anniversary on the weekend but me (his wife) pouted a little cuz I didn't want this day unnoticed so we did something to celebrate our wonderful day. We watched Gandhi. No..really- in the morning we finished watching the 4 hours movie Gandhi. We started it the night before but I couldn't stay awake to finish the last 45 minutes of it. So we finished it this morning. But afterwards we got Mason from school. Yes...he went to school today and we went to.....
Mike figured this was a special day for the kids as well. This was the day they got a great step-dad.So as we waited for our order to come we played around taking random pictures. But then came our ice cream and we all chowed down. This is Angie's ''Black and Tan Sundae. ''It even sounds fancy.Mike's Mickey Small strawberry sundae. Looks good huh?Hailey got pretty hard core. She had the paper napkin bib on her and she ditched her spoon and just dove in. She wasn't playing around.

Lily even enjoyed the chocolate syrup.

After Hailey's dance lesson all 3 kids went to the cousins!! Thanks Julia for watching them. We really appreciated it.

This is me telling myself "How did I get myself into this?" Can you take a wild guess what Mike wanted to do to commemorate our anniversary. We got tattoos.....again.....We each got this on our left backside shoulder. It says Soul Mate in Chinese.Then after our painful ink session Mike treated me to a wonderful snack. A candy bar. He sure knows me. Then he went to work. He was 5 1/2 hours late. He sure loves me!!!

I have to admit that even though this wasn't exactly what I had in mind for our first anniversary it still turned out great. My fantastic husband said to me earlier something that stuck with me that I want to share with you all. That later down the years....like 30 or so.... when we look back on our first wedding anniversary he doesn't want to say we didn't do anything special . That in 30 years he might have 50 or so jobs and that he can get a paycheck anywhere but he'll always be with me so he wanted to make sure he didn't ruin his time with me. He didn't want to ruin our only-first wedding anniversary. And I want to say he didn't. Happy Anniversary to all you love birds... xoxo

1 comment:

Angie and Jerome said...

Awwwwww....you guys are so mushy!! I'm glad you had a great wedding anniversary. I can't believe you went under the neddle again! Ouch ouch ouch. Next time how about matching shirts or something, Mike! jk jk That's cool! Loves!

p.s Aurora loved her puzzles! That was sooo sweet! They're going in her baby box as her first mail from her cousins. :)