Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Double Bash

Today we had Mason's Halloween party at his school and since Mike (shown above) and I are on the PTA we helped out at the party. In the morning Mason along with the rest of the school had a parade walking down main street to show off their great costumes.
Here Mason is as a Knight. He doesn't have his sword since it's against school rules. But Mason was the only one dress this way. There were so many Iron-Men, Spider-Men, Princesses so this year he stood out in the crowd. But after the parade we headed back to Mason's class to get it ready for the party. YEAH!!

There were so many activities for the kids to do. The kids were divided into 4 groups and just routed to each center. A pin-the-eye on the monster, Craft mask making center, I was in charge of a candy toss. Where the kids throw candy taffy into baskets and whatever they get in the basket they can keep. Wow they got some good arms for being first graders. I had to change my rules after the second group came to me. They had half my bag of candy already. Little stinkers! And Mike was in charge of the Mummy Wrapping Race. At the end the kids wrapped him up as a mummy. He's such a good sport. Here's hailey in her dance princess costume. She was my little helper picking up the candy the kids missed. We left at the end so the kids can go to lunch and we can head to the hospital. To be continued...... after the picture


Since Wednesday night I was sick and having pain in my back. I just brushed it off as pregnancy pain. But the pain lasted until the morning and all day even during the party. So mike being the caring and bossy one kept telling me that I should go to the hospital and get checked. Finally after the party I gave in. So we dropped hailey off at a friends house and we went. We didn't know what to think. When I walked into the hospital the staff was great and understood my concern. I explained my symptons and they gave me a bed so they can monitor me for a little bit. After 3 hours of being there they said I was in early labor. So we got sent home until I was dilated a little more then to come back. Mike was confused and excited and scared and etc. Myself I was in awe. I have been told by many doctors that I can't have kids anymore. And behold Lily. Then I was told I can't go into labor by myself and here I am writing this blog still in pain but not enough to go to the hospital again. So I'm thinking either doctors are wrong or some divine help is leading mike and I down this baby road.
Here is my daddy-to-be asleep in the pull out bed as the nurses did their thing with me. I guess all the excitement pooped mike out. (Actually he only had about 4 hours of asleep the night before since he helped out at the party so I told him to take a nap cuz either way he's having a long night. Either at work or at the hospital)
Anyways I have a doctors appt in a few days to check my progress but Mike has a feeling that I won't last until then. I remember Mike telling me that his sister was in labor for 5 days. Wow that is one amazing woman. I am not looking forward to that. So we are praying that Lily gets in the fast lane and gets here soon.

No comments: