Saturday, October 18, 2008

Backwards Date Night



Mike and I went on the last date night we're thinking we will have before Lily's arrival. We went downtown to the Gateway. Not having a plan we just went for the adventure and figured we would wing it. As long as we had some "us" time we'd find something to do. As we were walking we seen a local artist was there doing caricatures. So of course I wanted one. So as we posed we were making small talk with him and he told us we must make great looking kids. WOW we were flattered! Maybe because we had a really cute picture.
Second stop on our unplanned but very fun date. We went to grab a bite to eat. What made this meal even more fun was we added a twist to it.

We ate dessert first. Mike being completely blown away with this idea- he loved it. We indulged in some delicious pie and an ice cream cookie sandwich I can still taste. Then we wanted to see how well we know eachother. So we ordered our appetizers for eachother. I ordered his and he ordered mine. The waiter thought we were either french or just freaks. We didn't tell eachother what the other got until it arrived. But to much of our surprise we did good. I ordered him what he would of wanted and he made a great pick for me as well.
Next a movie. We had no idea what any of the movies that were playing were about so we just picked the next playing movie. Which as "Max Payne". Wow that movie freaked me out. Mike really liked it. Doesn't surprise me though. For not having a plan on what to do on our date night I for one had an amazing time.

1 comment:

Julia said...

How fun! I love the idea of dessert first!!