Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years 2011

New Years in our house is usually BIG and  LOUD with all our snoring. But this year Mike and I made it a special evening. While he put the girls down I set things up in our living room.

Candlelight, virgin Martini's, favorite snacks, a 2011 resolutions "wish-list", Time Square New Years on TV, and the love~made calendar that I made for him.


(I attached a special photo of us from that month from the previous year and wrote a love note on each page. )

(You can see January's page. )

While enjoying the drinks and watching the 2011 ball drop we talked and wrote down the 4 things we want to accomplish this year. And so far Mike is already headed down the path of marking 1 off. He is attending a mechanic class next week to start his NEW career in automotive mechanics. I am so proud of Mike for taking this step. He has found his calling-the 1 thing he enjoys and that will bring in a paycheck. It can be scary (or at least for me) to change career paths from accounting to mechanics but that's one of many reasons why I love him. He's fearless! This year is going to be wonderful- I can feel it! (I has to be..I started out my new year with a kiss from my favorite person in the whole world)

1 comment:

Angie and Jerome said...

Wow I haven't been on the blogs forever. Awwwwww mushy! Love it! Mike was telling me about the calendar you made for him. Super cute! :)