Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Art/Ice

I love homeschooling. It was a hard and scary decision to make but since we have been with this online school I absolutely love it! (and Mason loves it too!) Besides having wonderful lesson plans and a great support system we also go on the school outings. This week there was 2 in 1 week. Score!

First we went to the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.
I love art. I love looking at art. I love going to art galleries. I love making art so I was pretty excited when I seen this on the school calendar. Lily and Hailey were having a hard time appreciating the art work.

But Mason showed his appreciation the best way he knew how.

The next day we went ice skating.
Since we have never been ice skating as a family the kids were brave and gave it a try. Mason and Hailey did such a great job.

After awhile of holding the rail Mike took each one out onto the ice. That only lasted a few seconds but I am still so proud of them.

 Mike of course is an amazing ice skater. (see above he's holding both the babies)vAfter taking the little ones to the penalty box for a break he went out and show us his ice skills. He's so awesome!
Lily gave up on skating after a few minutes. But she still did a pretty awesome job especially since she allowed us to put the skates on her feet.

But after skating we went inside for a nice cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows and did some coloring.

 This was a nice break from school work. Now to hit the books before Thanksgiving break.

No comments: