Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Years Resolutions

This entry is something I was debating since it's something personal and if I don't live up to it only I would know. But when I was reading an article in a magazine it stated to write down my resolutions so I would have a better chance of keeping to them. So here I am...

Mike said he wasn't the type to make resolutions but he made one. I think he made on to follow me. But me on the other hand am such a new years person. I believe that each year is a new start, a fresh start to do what I didn't do the prior year. So here are our resolutions for 2009.

  • Be more honest. (This is Mike's) This doesn't mean to tell the truth when you're lying. It's more on the bigger scale. You know all those thoughts that come in your mind but you feel that they would be either to weird or too mean to say but it bugs you because you didn't say anything. This is what we are talking about. There are times when Mike bites his tongue when he wishes he didn't. So this is his resolution.
  • Be more supportive of those around me. (This is Angie's) I have a tendency to take the lead on a lot of things. Or be too opinionated, or try to fix every thing that comes before me. So this year I am going to stand beside people instead of leading them.
  • Expose the kids to new things, new ideas, new cultures, new experiences. (Both of ours) Last year Mike and I did a lot with the kids. Festivals, hiking, Hailey and her dance class,etc. But there is so much more that they haven't seen. Cultures, Foods, music, sports,etc. We're not traveling across the world (granted that would be nice) but there is so much right here in Utah that we can teach them and show them. So my first order of business with this resolutions we put Mason into soccer and Hailey back into dance. We tried to sway her into something new but she didn't take.
So as the year goes on I'll let you all know how our progress goes. So to everyone Happy New Year. (I know it's the middle of the month. Maybe I should add being on time. Yeah right :)

1 comment:

Angie and Jerome said...

Hey! I put cute pics of you guys from our trip on our blog. Check it out. It's under 'Chillaxin' Loves!!!