Thursday, January 22, 2009

Angie's Birthday!!!

Today was  my (Angie) 25th birthday. Mike had planned it all out but nothing went to his plan. He wanted to let me sleep in and make me breakfast in bed but with him getting off work at 4am then trying to wake up at 6am to get Mason ready for school would be insane! So being the fantastic wife I am- I took care of the kids so he can get a small nap in. But he did wake up just before Mason went to school and they gave me my presents.

Mike gave me a card that had a really sweet message in it. The kids made me a card. Home-made cards are the best! Mike gave me a massage cushion and a Cosmo. A few days prior I told Mike my day in heaven would be to sit and read a magazine from cover to cover without interruptions and not cook. So I sat on my cushion and read while he cooked breakfast. It was great!

The kids each picked out a charm to complete a charm bracelet for me. Mason was obsessed about getting me a dolphin and sure enough he found a blue dolphin charm. Hailey got me a green frog. And Mike picked up Lily's which is a moon with a star on it. Mike got a silver bracelet for me so I can wear all my great charms. He says he wants to start making this my birthday tradition but even if he doesn't this was a great gift. Good job babe! (and if anyone gave him this idea I say thanks to you too)

But Mike did make breakfast. French toast that came out really good and sausage that caused a small fire on the electric stove (he tried :) ] But afterwards I could tell he was exhausted so I took the girls out and let Mike take another nap. (good thing I don't charge for awesome-ness or attractive-ness) So the girls and I hit the sales racks and I got some clothes for myself.
Then when my mom heard about this mornings incident she offered to make us dinner. We were going to go out to dinner but the offer of my mom cooking for us was only good for that day so we took her up on the offer. She made a great Mexican dinner. Yummy!
But in the evening we headed home for a family movie night. I picked the movie and Mike made a German chocolate fudge cake which turned out great!

As you can see the kids thought it was there birthday too and wanted to help me blow out the candles. But to be honest it took me a second to think of a wish. World peace and free money weren't on my top wish list. But after looking back from last birthday to today I thought of a great wish. SHH...I can't tell you though.
All though Mike had another plan for my birthday I have to admit this was a great way to celebrate my 1/4 century old birthday. Thanks for such a great memorable birthday.
PS The day prior my parents gave me my birthday gift early. They paid for my hair to get done. Cut, Shampoo, Blow dried, Styled. And a new outfit for my still changing body. Mike said I look punk-ish but what does he know. He's a guy. I look hot!!!!!

1 comment:

Angie and Jerome said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday!!! Mike was sooooo worried about doing it right. (good job Mike!) Yeah and he actually came up with that charm idea himself. I love it! I really want Jerome to steal that idea for me. heh heh! Loves!