Saturday, February 12, 2011

Salomen Center

Mike is a thrill seeker. Always has been and most likely always will be. I love this about my husband. However I am a very low keep type of person. So when Mike suggested to do these activities for his birthday I chickened out. So after some time to gather my courage we headed back to the Salomen Center in Ogden. 

First on the agenda was I-Fly! It's an indoor sky diving experience that was totally awesome!!!!
Here's Mike in the blue suit! The flight time is 90 seconds which seems like forever when you have winds up to 160 mph blowing at you.

The I-FLY guide guy was cool enough to give everyone in our group a  2nd 60 second flight with his mad flying skills! He twisted and flipped us around the tunnel that it made everyone say  "WHOA!"


 

Here's me (Angie) in the red suit. I am completely freaking out. I forgot everything the guide told us to do. I forgot to bend my arms. Keep my legs out. Keep my chin up. I forgot to relax and be stiff all at the same time...while the wind is blowing up my nose. Be serious dude!


But despite the spit that flies out your mouth. The adrenaline that rushes around your body. And the boogie that came out (lol) it was completely awesome!!!!

 I love my adventurous man!


But the date isn't over yet.....
After I-FLY we went to Flowrider. An indoor surfing house.



The idea of it all made it sound so much fun. 

Surfing or knee boarding indoors. Sounds easy right? Completely wrong.... I got up on a board for about 1 second until....


I wiped out! I am totally feeling this wreck as I type this post.  Mike did pretty well for about 3 seconds until he wiped out as well.
We had our behinds handed to us. I hurt my left hand and my fingers instantly. So I called it quits. Don't judge. Mike agreed with me so we headed out. I'm glad to say we tried this but never again.
After taking a break and grabbing some bad Mexican food we headed back to the Salomen Center. 

Last I-Rock! ( the title says I rock...haha)
Since my finger and hand hurt I spotted Mike while he climbed. He did great!

Here he is at the top of their 55 foot wall. Easy Breezy! But I had to fess up and tell him that my hand was killing me. So he was sweet and ended his "rocking" experience.
This was an amazing date. We learned and tried new things. We fell in love with sky diving. We fell out of love with indoor surfing. But we fell even further in love with each other. Nothing says love like bruises and Ben-Gay massages.

1 comment:

Max and Diana Brown said...

ok. I'm officialy jelous! I love it!! now that is a date!! go Angie!! I love you guys!