Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend Part 2

To continue our wonderful holiday we woke up a little late and got ready for church. This is the first time in our new ward. And it was an experience.

Do you remember the Cheers' song? "Go to a place where everyone knows your name" Well that song fits our ward. We were greeted by tons of people that I honestly can't remember everyones name. But we would rather be greeted than ignored.

It turns out that Hailey's primary teacher is our neighbor. And our bishop lives on our block. He knew us already by the color of our car. Little Creepy but it's OK...

Afterwards I was surprised when I came into my kitchen and seen these...


along side with a card with a sweet message from my loving husband and a very nice watch.

Mike made lunch for us all. Quesadillas...yummy! Sorry I have no idea how to spell it but you know what they are.

After that Mike took a nap. The girls and I watched a video for rest time. Then we all went outside for a water balloon fight.

Nothing says I love you mom like a balloon in the back. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately our time was cut short since Mike had to work today. But the neighbor kid came out to play with Mason and Hailey. It was a little new for us to have neighbor kids playing with us. But that's the new life we wanted.

After our super soaked fun we went inside and chillaxed. Mason was grounded so his fun was cut short. But he still got to have a small highlight of this very important day.

I got hugs, kisses, pooped on, threw up on but I feel great!!! Happy Mother's Day to all the great mom's out there.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I'm glad you had a fun mother's day! You deserve it!